Individual Therapy, 45-60 minutes
Couples Therapy for specialized areas, 45-60 minutes
- Understand symptoms and triggers
- Understand bio-psycho-social changes during and after pregnancy
- Maximize support system
- Decrease irrational fears and set realistic expectations
- Respond to pressures, messages from others
- Address identity, self worth and purpose
- Improve relationship and communication with partner
- Regain control
- Decrease shame and guilt
- Understand stages of grief
- Develop new ways to express emotions
- Identifying anger
- Releasing sadness
- Managing day to day
Your therapist will meet with you to discuss your concern areas, identify your symptoms and history. Together you will set goals to improve your health and wellbeing. You will then determine how often you will meet for therapy. You can discuss with your therapist if you are interested in incorporating your partner into the sessions. Resources are available for support groups, outside providers and online educational material.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is a highly successful modality of therapy. It is recommended for depression and anxiety disorders. Your therapist will guide you to identify your thoughts, feelings and actions. You will have a better understanding of your triggers and automatic thoughts. Utilizing handouts and resources, you will find patterns and be able to make changes.
Individual and Couples Therapy is covered by most insurance plans. Contact your insurance company to find out the number of sessions in your plan, your copay amount or a co-insurance amount you will need to pay per session.
Currrent insurance panels:
Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Magellan (Behavioral Health managed care for BC BS HMO, site 302)
United Behavioral Health